Departures: Every Day.
Duration: 4 days and 3 nights.
Period: The whole Year.
Can be translated by “Golden Cradle” and in Quechua, it is pronounced Chuqui K´iraw. It is an extraordinary complex that includes nine architectural compounds built with stones. It possesses hundreds of benched terraces, houses and irrigation systems considered as important and extensive as that of Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCA
We will pick you up from the hotel at 6:00 in the morning to begin the trip until the town of Cachora we will pass by the towns of Izcuchaca to arrive to the Archaeological Complex of Tarawasi, we continue our trip until the bridge Cunyac. We will go through the district of Curawasi and Saywite. Finally we will arrive to Cachora (10:00 a.m.). There we will prepare the load animals and the muleteers and we begin our walk with a soft slope until arriving to the step of Capuliyoc (2800 meters above level sea) where we will eat lunch after two hours of walk then will go towards Chiquisca town (1930 meters above level sea ). During this itinerary we will have the opportunity to observe you magnify views, beautiful landscapes, warm weather, glacial of the mountain range Vilcabamba and the impressive Apurimac abyss, in this place will have our first camp.
DAY 2: CHIQUISCA – MARAMPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO.
After breakfast at approximately 5:00 in the morning, we will continue with our walk toward Rosalinas beach (1550 meters above level sea), and we will go up the slope, a difficult itinerary towards Santa Rosa (2100 meters above level sea) in about 3 hours, we will stop there then will go up until Marampata (2850 meters above level sea) which wil be a softer ascent where we appreciate all the first day way and the existent vegetation in this place, we will also observe orchids and violets, if we are lucky we will be able to appreciate fauna like Deer, Bear Anthill and diversity of birds and insects, then we will travel a tract towards Choquequirao where we will have our camp to an hour from the Archaeological Complex.
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO – CHIQUISCA
Very early in the morning after breakfast we will go to the Archaeological Complex from Choquequirao to a hour by walking and we will be able to observe the dawn of Choquequirao, we will saty there for approximately 3 hours accompanied with our guide who will you explain about this important Inca refuge. At a suitable hour we will begin the return to our camp and descending until Santa Rosa where we will have lunch, then will descend to Rosalinas beach and to go to the town of Chaquisqa which is at two hours from Rosalinas where we will take our camp.
DAY 4: LA PLAYA (THE BEACH) – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
After a good breakfast in our camp in Chaquisqa at 06:00 in the morning we will begin our return around the same way to Cachora whidh is the slope that you went dawn in the first day and it is a softer ascent during two hours until arriving to the step of Capuliyoc. After 2 hours by walking for a softer way we will arrive to Cachora town approximately at 12:00 in the afternoon. In this itinerary we will appreciate enough flora and exotic fauna, see panoramic of imposing snowy, the impressive canyon of the Apurimac, considered as the most spectacular in South America. Optionally in the afternoon we will move to the medicinal thermal bathrooms of Qonoq where we will rest during an hour and will continue our return to the imperial Cusco City approximately at 8:00 in the evening. Our service includes the transfer to your hotel.
- Ride from your hotel in a private bus until the beginning of the walk (Cachora).
- Entrance Tickets.
- English Spanish professional guides during the whole journey.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners.
- Camp equipment (tents, kitchen, dining room, seats, tables, mattresses).
- First-aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen.
- Cook who will make the meals.
- Muleteers and mules (who will carry the whole camping equipment)
- Guides, cooks and muleteers accommodation.
- Return from Cachora to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
- First breakfast (the hotels usually offer breakfast).
- Last dinner (Arrival to the Cusco is approximate at 8.00 in the evening).
- Visiting to the Qonoc hot springs.
- Extra porter to take personal equipment ( If you need to take more baggage but just 6.5 kilos , you can take an extra porter who could take 18 kilos as a maximum weight).
- Sleeping bag (we rent in our office).
- Horse or extra mule to load your personal equipment from the first to the forth day.
- Extra services as Tips.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE:
- A backpack.
- Original passport.
- 01 change of clothes.
- Warm clothes.
- Trekking Shoes.
- Small towel.
- Bathing suit (if you want to go to the Hot springs)
- Rain coat.
- Canteen of Water.
- Camera and batteries.
- Repellent, Sun Block and a Hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle of water and purifying pills.
- Canes covered with rubber for the walk.
- Snack: Cookies, sweet, chocolates, energizing bars, fruits (optional).