This is the short version of the famous and stunning Inca Trail, for those who have less time available but do not want to loose this unique trek. We start at km. 104 and we walk till the archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna. After a visit to the archaeological site, we go to Inti punku from where we will have a fabulous view over the Lost City of the Incas.
DAY 1: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES (Hot Springs)
We pick you up from your hotel approximately at 5:30 in the morning toward train station that will transport us to the Km. 104 where we start our walk in a landscape of sub-tropical forest, we will visit the archaeological group of Chachabamba (2150m) and in approximately 3 hours of walk we arrive to impressive complex Wiñaywayna made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector, then we will ascend toward Intipunku, “The Door of the Sun” during an hour of walk along a rake of plane stones on the edge of cliffs of the mountain, point where we can enjoy the first panoramic view of the majestic “Machupicchu”. From Intipunku we will descend toward Machupicchu after that we will take the bus toward Aguas Calientes. Accommodation during the night in the previously selected hotel, enjoying this population’s hot springs.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Early in the morning we will ascend with the first bus to Machupicchu to enjoy the dawn in this magic place before the arrival of other tourists from Cusco. We will enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas in a tour with our guide (Approx. 2 ½ hours) having a free time to walk around the Citadel or to ascend to Huaynapicchu mountain where one person can observe spectacular views of the whole citadel of Machupicchu, like valleys and mountains that surround it or we can visit to the temple of the moon and the fabulous bridge of the Inca. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to Aguas Calientes after that we will return to Cusco by train, our service includes the transfer to the hotel.
- Transportation by train until the beginning of the walk (Km. 104).
- Back train Ticket to Cusco.
- Entrances to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (1st day)
- Bus Tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (Two ways).
- 01 lodging night in Hotel/Hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer from the Train Station to your Hotel.
- English – Spanish professional guides during the whole journey (2 guides after 9 passengers).
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner.
- First-aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen.
- The first breakfast and the last lunch.
- Extra services as Tips.
- Entrance to the Hot springs in Aguas Calientes which is placed to 10 minutes by walking from the Town. The towels you can get in Aguas Calientes.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE:
- A backpack.
- Sun block.
- Original passport.
- 01 change of clothes.
- Warm Clothes.
- Trekking Shoes.
- Rain coat.
- Canteen of Water.
- Photographic camera and batteries.
- Repellent, Sun block and a Hat.
- Towel paper.
- Bottle of water and puryfing pills.
- Canes covered with rubber for the walk.
- Snack: Cookies, candy, chocolates, energyzing bars (optional).