Departures: Every Day.
Duration: 5 days and 4 nights.
Period: The whole Year, advisable (of April to November).
Is a new and interesting alternative that replaces the classical Incan Trail and is for whoever wishes to enjoy nature and its biodiversity, a variety of climates and beautiful mountainous glacial landscapes, all the way to Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
We will leave Cusco approximately from 4.30 to 5.00 in the morning to go in a private bus toward Mollepata town (2900 meters above sea level) where we will arrive approximately at 9:00 in the morning to have breakfast. This day we will have a beautiful and scenic trip toward Limatambo, during the trip we will have panoramic views of the Majestic “Salkantay”. You can see a impressive mountains covered with snow and the valley of Apurimac River. We will meet with our organization personnel and we load the equipment an horses, mules, etc to begin our walk toward Cruz Paw (3200 meters above sea level). We will begin to walk around 3 hours going by the Andean and traditional communities as Cruz Pata, Challacancha where we will stop for lunch approximately at 12:00 in the afternoon and after a small rest we continue walking for SorayPampa villages (3850 meters above sea level). At about 5:30 in the afternoon we will have our dinner and our first camp.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY
After a good early breakfast we will start the most difficult trek of the trip leaving at 7:00 in the morning we will travel to a place called Pampas Salkantay then to go toward the left side of the Snowy of Umantay located next to the Snowy of Salkantay. At 12:00 in the afternoon we will be on the highest point (Salkantay Umantay 4500 meters above sea level). We will appreciate spectacular views of the mountain and the imposing Snowy of Salkantay (6264 meters above sea level) which is known as the second hightest point of Cusco region, also we could appreciate Humantay and Huayanay mountains. Later after an hour of rest we have lunch, in the area called Huayrac Punku, we will continue our walk for 3 hours towards Rayanniyoc (2890 meters above sea level) or Chaullay (2920 meters above sea level) where we will have our second night camping.
DAY 3: CHALLWAY – LA PLAYA
After Breakfast we will leave to walk at 7.00 in the morning, we will walk during 5 hours, we will observe a town called Collpabamba, also called the Forest Cloudy Brow of Forest where waterfalls, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, coca and birds are observed. Here one can observe the banana crop and the waterfalls, if we are lucky we will be able to observe to the famous one “Cock of the Rocks”. Later we will have lunch in Wiñaypoqo and an hour of free time to rest then we will continue walking for approximate 3 hours until arriving to an area called La Playa (2350 meters above sea level) observing a variety of orchids. Our camp is approximately 15 kilometers far.
DAY 4: LA PLAYA – AGUAS CALIENTES
fter breakfast at 7.30 o’clock a.m. we will begin our walk to go until Llactapata archaeological remains where we will stop at the “Abra” (2950 meters above sea level). There we will see some Inca rakes, from there we will have a view on the mountain of MachuPicchu and other tops of the area, we will enjoy a free time to rest, later we will descend for 2 hours toward Hydroelectric plant (1870 meters above sea level). After lunch with the whole personnel we will leave at 15.20 in the afternoon taking the train that will take us towards Aguas Calientes town (2000 meters above sea level) in 45 minutes. Optionally you can go to the thermal waters which are 12 kilometers far from the town. We will have dinner and accommodation in a hotel.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU
This last day after our very early breakfast we will walk towards Machupicchu Citadel after 50 minutes we will arrive there. After 3 hours there you will have a free time to take pictures or the optional ascent toward Huaynapicchu Mountain, or the visit to the temple of the moon or the door of the sun. We will have free time in Aguas Calientes then will return to Ollantaytambo by Train where we will pick up you by bus to Cusco.
- Transfer from your hotel until the beginning of the walk (Mollepata) .
- Train Back Ticket (Service Expedition) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance to MachuPicchu.
- Bus ticket Ollanta to Cuso
- English, Spanish, professional guide during the whole journey.
- Meals: 4 breakfast, 4 Lunch, 3 Dinner.
- Camp equipment (tents, kitchen, dining room, seats, tables, mattresses).
- First-aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen.
- Cook who will make the food.
- Muleteers and horses (who will carry the whole camping equipment)
- Accommodation for the guides, cooks and muleteers.
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- First breakfast (hotels usually offer breakfast).
- Last lunch and dinner (after visiting Machupicchu you will have free time to enjoy the ruins and you could choose eating lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes. The arrival to Cusco is at about 8.30 in the evening).
- Visiting to the thermal waters in Aguas Calientes (the entrance is US $1,50, towel and bathing suit can be rented there).
- Extra porter to take personal equipment (If you need to take a 6.5 kilos baggage more, you can take an extra porter who could carry 18 kilos as a maximum weight).
- Sleeping bag (we rent in our office).
- Extra horse to load the personal equipment from the first to the fourth day.
- Extra services as Tips.
- A hotel night in Aguas Calientes, we can reserve with an additional cost depending on the hotel that you prefer.
- Additional cost if you prefer Vistadome (first class) train service instead of the (back packer tourist train).
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE:
- A backpack.
- Original passport.
- 01 change of clothes.
- Warm clothes.
- Trekking shoes.
- Small towel.
- Bathing suit (in case of going to the thermal waters)
- Rain coat.
- Canteen of Water.
- Camera and batteries.
- Repellent, sun block and a Hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle of water and purifying pills.
- Canes covered with rubber for the walk.
- Snacks: Cookies, sweet chocolates, energizing bars (optional).